Hlavní strana > Zpravodajství > Životní styl > > 17.4.2019
Prohledáno za: 0.013sec. V této kategorii je registrováno 607 zdrojů.
RSS Přidej na Seznam.cz Add to Google

Zpravodajství - Životní styl - - 17. dubna 2019

Zvolte si dnešní den, nebo celý tento měsíc, nebo pro změnu data použijte kalendář.

Strana: 1/ 177 Celkem nalezeno 1769 záznamů.

Trump's new Cuba crackdown puts US at odds with Canada and Europe

Náhled

Trump's new Cuba crackdown puts US at odds with Canada and Europe US will allow lawsuits against firms using property nationalised by the revolution, cap remittances and restrict ‘non-family’ travelThe US national security adviser, John Bolton, addresses the Bay of Pigs Veterans Association in Coral Gables, Florida, on the 58th anniversary of the failed 1961 invasion of Cuba on Wednesday. Photograph: Wilfredo Lee/APDonald Trump has taken another step towards reversing Barack Obama’s historic rapprochement with Cuba with a measure that earned swift criticism from allies in Canada and Europe.The US announced on Wednesday that it would enable lawsuits against foreign companies that use properties nationalised by the communist government after Fidel Castro’s 1959 revolution.The policy shift, which could draw hundreds of thousands of legal claims worth tens of billion of dollars, aims to put pressure on Cuba at a moment when the US is demanding an end to Havana’s support for Venezuela’s socialist president, Nicolás Maduro.Sign up for the US morning briefingIt was condemned by Cuba as “an attack on international law” and by Canada and the European Union as “regrettable”, since their companies have significant investments in hotels, distilleries, tobacco factories and other properties on the island.Title III of the Helms-Burton Act had been fully waived by every president over the past 23 years due to concerns from the international community and fears that it could overwhelm US courts with lawsuits.But Trump, who has made a habit of breaking from his predecessors, gave the go-ahead for it to be activated. Mike Pompeo, the secretary of state, said that, for the first time, US citizens will be able to bring lawsuits against individuals trafficking in property that was confiscated by the Cuban regime.Pompeo accused the Obama administration of playing a “game of footsy with the Castros’ junta” which did not deter it from targeting human rights activists. “Detente with the regime has failed,” the secretary told reporters.The issue has come to a head now as the US argues that Cuba’s security and intelligence support is crucial to Maduro’s grip on power amid Venezuela’s economic and political crisis.Pompeo added: “Cuba’s behaviour in the western hemisphere undermines the security and stability of countries throughout the region, which directly threatens United States national security interests. The Cuban regime has for years exported its tactics of intimidation, repression and violence.“They’ve exported this to Venezuela in direct support of the former Maduro regime. Cuban military intelligence and state security services today keep Maduro in power.”The decision represents a blow to Cuba’s efforts to draw foreign investment. The foreign minister, Bruno Rodríguez, retorted on Twitter: “I strongly reject the announcement of State Secretary Pompeo. This is an attack on international law and the sovereignty of Cuba and third states. Aggressive escalation of USA against Cuba will fail.”Numerous foreign companies have invested in Cuba since Obama eased restrictions. A joint EU-Canada statement said the US move was “regrettable” and will have an “important impact on legitimate EU and Canadian economic operators in Cuba”.James Williams, president of the pressure group Engage Cuba said: “President Trump is doing this for one reason, and one reason only: to appease fringe hardliners in South Florida ahead of the 2020 election. The only way to get property claimants what they deserve is through diplomatic negotiations, which President Trump just threw off the table.”On Wednesday Trump’s national security adviser, John Bolton, also announced a series of new sanctions against Cuba and Venezuela, including a new cap on the amount of money that families in the US can send to relatives in Cuba.Remittances from the United States have surged since Obama started easing restrictions on them in 2009, becoming an important part of the Cuban economy and fueling the growth of the private sector by providing startup capital.He also said the United States would also further restrict “non-family” travel by Americans to Cuba, though he offered no details.In a speech to an association of veterans of the failed 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion, Bolton said the US was adding five names linked to Cuba’s military and intelligence services to its sanctions blacklist. “Under this administration, we don’t throw dictators lifelines,” Bolton said in Miami. “We take them away.”Associated Press contributed to this report Číst dále >>> Přeložit do en

Trump's new Cuba crackdown puts US at odds with Canada and Europe

Náhled

Trump's new Cuba crackdown puts US at odds with Canada and Europe US will allow lawsuits against firms using property nationalised by the revolution, cap remittances and restrict ‘non-family’ travelThe US national security adviser, John Bolton, addresses the Bay of Pigs Veterans Association in Coral Gables, Florida, on the 58th anniversary of the failed 1961 invasion of Cuba on Wednesday. Photograph: Wilfredo Lee/APDonald Trump has taken another step towards reversing Barack Obama’s historic rapprochement with Cuba with a measure that earned swift criticism from allies in Canada and Europe.The US announced on Wednesday that it would enable lawsuits against foreign companies that use properties nationalised by the communist government after Fidel Castro’s 1959 revolution.The policy shift, which could draw hundreds of thousands of legal claims worth tens of billion of dollars, aims to put pressure on Cuba at a moment when the US is demanding an end to Havana’s support for Venezuela’s socialist president, Nicolás Maduro.Sign up for the US morning briefingIt was condemned by Cuba as “an attack on international law” and by Canada and the European Union as “regrettable”, since their companies have significant investments in hotels, distilleries, tobacco factories and other properties on the island.Title III of the Helms-Burton Act had been fully waived by every president over the past 23 years due to concerns from the international community and fears that it could overwhelm US courts with lawsuits.But Trump, who has made a habit of breaking from his predecessors, gave the go-ahead for it to be activated. Mike Pompeo, the secretary of state, said that, for the first time, US citizens will be able to bring lawsuits against individuals trafficking in property that was confiscated by the Cuban regime.Pompeo accused the Obama administration of playing a “game of footsy with the Castros’ junta” which did not deter it from targeting human rights activists. “Detente with the regime has failed,” the secretary told reporters.The issue has come to a head now as the US argues that Cuba’s security and intelligence support is crucial to Maduro’s grip on power amid Venezuela’s economic and political crisis.Pompeo added: “Cuba’s behaviour in the western hemisphere undermines the security and stability of countries throughout the region, which directly threatens United States national security interests. The Cuban regime has for years exported its tactics of intimidation, repression and violence.“They’ve exported this to Venezuela in direct support of the former Maduro regime. Cuban military intelligence and state security services today keep Maduro in power.”The decision represents a blow to Cuba’s efforts to draw foreign investment. The foreign minister, Bruno Rodríguez, retorted on Twitter: “I strongly reject the announcement of State Secretary Pompeo. This is an attack on international law and the sovereignty of Cuba and third states. Aggressive escalation of USA against Cuba will fail.”Numerous foreign companies have invested in Cuba since Obama eased restrictions. A joint EU-Canada statement said the US move was “regrettable” and will have an “important impact on legitimate EU and Canadian economic operators in Cuba”.James Williams, president of the pressure group Engage Cuba said: “President Trump is doing this for one reason, and one reason only: to appease fringe hardliners in South Florida ahead of the 2020 election. The only way to get property claimants what they deserve is through diplomatic negotiations, which President Trump just threw off the table.”On Wednesday Trump’s national security adviser, John Bolton, also announced a series of new sanctions against Cuba and Venezuela, including a new cap on the amount of money that families in the US can send to relatives in Cuba.Remittances from the United States have surged since Obama started easing restrictions on them in 2009, becoming an important part of the Cuban economy and fueling the growth of the private sector by providing startup capital.He also said the United States would also further restrict “non-family” travel by Americans to Cuba, though he offered no details.In a speech to an association of veterans of the failed 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion, Bolton said the US was adding five names linked to Cuba’s military and intelligence services to its sanctions blacklist. “Under this administration, we don’t throw dictators lifelines,” Bolton said in Miami. “We take them away.”Associated Press contributed to this report Číst dále >>> Přeložit do en

How to copy and paste on your iPad or iPhone, and from one device to the other

Náhled

ipad pro iphone 6s

  • You can copy text and images on an iPhone or iPad just by tapping and holding on the content for a moment until the pop-up menu appears. Paste by tapping to get the pop-up menu to appear at the destination.
  • Selected text has drag bars that let you choose exactly what content to copy.
  • If you have Handoff turned on, you can copy and paste between your iPad and iPhone automatically.
  • Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
The ability to copy and paste text and images is such a fundamental feature of modern computing that it's inconceivable that you wouldn't be able to do it on the iPhone or the iPad. But here's a fun fact: Did you know that it took Apple two years to include it? But ever since iOS 3, we've had the ability to copy text in one place and paste it in another. And even better, you can now even copy text on your iPhone and instantly be able to paste it on your iPad (and vice-versa). How to copy and paste text and images on your iPhone or iPad 1. Find the content that you want to copy. 2. Tap and hold on the first word for about two seconds. When you lift your finger, you should see the word is highlighted, with "drag bars" – two blue dots – on either side. copy 1 3. Tap and drag the drag bars until you've selected the text you want to copy. You can include only text, or text and images in your selection. 4. In the black pop-up menu, tap "Copy." 5. Go to the app where you want to paste the text. 6. Tap and hold for about two seconds, and then tap "Paste" in the pop-up menu. How to copy and paste an image by itself If you want to copy and paste an image by itself – without any text  -- the process is different (though actually simpler). 1. Tap and hold the image for about two seconds, and then tap "Copy" in the pop-up menu. 2. Go to your destination, tap, and tap "Paste." copy 2 How to copy and paste from your iPhone to your iPad (or vice-versa) Apple's Handoff feature includes a Universal Clipboard that makes it possible to copy and paste between devices, as long as you have turned that feature on (and your devices are all signed in with the same Apple ID).   It works on the iPhone 5 or later, and most iPads starting with the 4th generation models. This feature can feel like magic — you copy something on your iPhone, and can immediately paste it in an app on your iPad, without manually sharing it. Číst dále >>>

A Google employee in Silicon Valley has been diagnosed with measles according to a report (GOOG, GOOGL)

Náhled

Google campus

  • Amid criticisms for letting anti-vaccination (anti-vax) content spread across YouTube , a case of the measles was reported on one of Google's Silicon Valley campuses, according to a BuzzFeed report on Wednesday. 
  • The incident was revealed in an email sent to Google employees, obtained by BuzzFeed, which stated that one of its employees working out of its Mountain View, California offices had been diagnosed with the measles.
  • That worker had been at Google's office on  1295 Charleston Road  on April 4, the email said. 
  • The measles is a highly contagious disease that can linger and infect people, even when the sick person is not present.
  • YouTube, where much of the anti-vax content resides, said it considers the videos "dangerous or harmful," but still allows them on its site.
  • Visit Businessinsider.com for more stories.
Google, which has faced criticism for spreading videos that promote dubious anti-vaccine information, is in contact with health officials about a case of the measles involving a Google employee in Silicon Valley, according to a BuzzFeed report on Wednesday.  The incident was revealed in an email sent to Google employees, obtained by BuzzFeed, which stated that one of its employees working out of its Mountain View, California offices had been diagnosed with the measles. That worker had been at Google's office on  1295 Charleston Road  on April 4, the email said.  The measles is a highly contagious disease that can linger and infect people, even when the sick person is not present. The virus had been eliminated in the US by 2000, but cases have recently resurfaced, partly, public health officials have said , because of the spread of anti-vax information on social media. As of last week, there are 555 cases of the measles across the US.  YouTube, the video website owned by Google, has been criticized for allowing so-called anti-vax videos to proliferate. YouTube has said it considers the videos to be "dangerous or harmful," but still allows them on its site. YouTube does not allow anti-vax content to be monetized— meaning that it won't run ads alongside the videos. Read more: YouTube won't let anti-vaccine videos make advertising money for their creators, citing a policy around 'dangerous or harmful' content "We have strict  policies  that govern what videos we allow ads to appear on, and videos that promote anti-vaccination content are a violation of those policies," a YouTube spokesperson told Business Insider in February. "We enforce these policies vigorously, and if we find a video that violates them, we immediately take action and remove ads." A Google spokesperson did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment about the measles case on its campus.  The BuzzFeed report said that 1295 Charleston Road is home to a number of Google executives, though the exact number of employees working out of that building is unknown.  Číst dále >>>

Lindsey Graham Betrays Republican Party, Drafts Gun Confiscation Bill

Náhled

I legitimately worry when I hear politicians suggest gun confiscation. Not only because I don’t want my family to have to give up our firearms – but because I know full well that our country will not come out of it unscathed. Gun confiscation WILL escalate into a much, MUCH larger issue. Anyone who thinks […] Číst dále >>> Přeložit do en

Infekční mononukleoza

Náhled

Dobrý den, Rád bych se zeptal, zda bych měl řešit následující problém. Přibližně před 3 dny sem začal pčikat a v souvislosti s tím smrkat, de facto téměř pořád cca jeden den, další den to postupně odcházelo. Ale všiml jsem si, že na těle mám slabé začervenalé skvrny (nesvědící). Na rukou a na hrudi. Dnes (třetí den od pčikání) jsem si také všiml, že v zadní části jazyku po stranách mám 3 vystouplé červené pupínky (symetricky na obou stranách). V krku mě, ale nebolí a teplotu také nemám. Již delší dobu trpím nechutenstvím a trpím zvýšenou únavnou, ale to může být způsobeno velkou vytížeností a stresem v práci. Kolega v práci měl mononukleosu, tak mě napadla i tato věc, jestli se nemohla mononukleosa přenést kapénkami při naší konverzaci. Tak úplně nevím zda tuto záležitost řešit. Co se týče, alergií, nikdy jsem takovou reakci neměl, tudíž si myslím, že alergiemi netrpím. Prosím o radu. Číst dále >>>

Young woman obsessed with Columbine found dead after frantic manhunt

Náhled

Young woman obsessed with Columbine found dead after frantic manhunt The body of Sol Pais, a student from Surfside, Florida, was found by authorities about 40 miles (64 km) west of Columbine High School, at about 10:30 a.m. local time, said Dean Phillips, special agent in charge of the Denver office of the FBI. Pais was found alone in a wooded area of Clear Creek County and appeared to have shot herself with the pump-action shotgun she had purchased after arriving in Colorado from Miami earlier this week, Phillips said at a news conference hours later. Číst dále >>> Přeložit do en

Strana: 1/ 177 Celkem nalezeno 1769 záznamů.

Líbí se Vám tato stránka? Sdílejte ji s ostatními.

Přidat.eu záložku

uživatelské kanályVlastní zdroje: Zpravodajství - Životní styl -

Přidejte svůj vlastní RSS zdroj, který budete vitět pouze Vy na stránkách jednotlivých kategorií. Maximální počet na každé stránce je 8.

Pro změny se prosím přihlašte ke svému účtu.

 

+ Přidej RSS kanál | Copyright (c) 2009 Seznam.name. All rights reserved. Created by Kukej | Kontakt | Výměna odkazů

1.39011